Please note: the ranch is not open for "drop-ins" - you must have an appointment or reservation prior to visiting the ranch. If you are unable to book for a particular time in advance, please call 209-336-3131 to see if there is availability.
Tour Hours & Fees
Guided tours are offered Thursdays through Sundays year-round (with the exceptions noted below). Tours start promptly at 11:00am, 12:15pm, and 1:30pm and last approximately an hour. If you arrive late, you will be required to wait for the start of the next tour (assuming there is room). Please plan to arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your tour. To visit with the animals, you do need to join a guided tour. Reservations are required and space is limited on each tour, so we recommend booking ahead.
The tours are outside, so please check the weather ahead of your visit and prepare/dress accordingly.
Children 4-12: $5
Children 3 and under: Free
For group tours, please see the information at the end of this page.
Getting to the Ranch
5273 Hornitos Rd.
Catheys Valley, CA 95306
Monday to Wednesday: Closed
Thursday to Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Preparing for Your Tour
- CHECK THE WEATHER AHEAD OF TIME – The tours are outside and subject to the weather. If you are concerned about the weather causing a tour to be cancelled, please call ahead.
- ARRIVE 10 MINUTES EARLY – Tours start on time and any guests who arrive late will need to join a later tour (if available) or forfeit their booking.
- WEAR APPROPRIATE SHOES – boots are recommended, but in the least, please wear closed-toe shoes. Be prepared to get a bit muddy or dusty (depending on the season).
- DON’T FORGET YOUR CAMERA – you won’t want to miss out on capturing special moments and photos are encouraged.
- BIO-CONTAMINANTS – Please do not wear any clothing or shoes that have been around sheep, goats, or other livestock as you may be carrying parasites/bacteria that can be harmful to the alpacas.
- NO PETS ALLOWED – For the safety and security of the animals on the ranch, no pets will be allowed on the ranch.*
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Strollers, Baby Carriers, Walkers and Canes are safe to use on the farm, though some of the terrain may be rough traveling. If you are able to move about without these items, you’ll have a better experience.
- All tour guests who enter the farm for a tour must pay for admission. Children under 5 years old are free.
- Handicapped Parking and Drop-Off is provided in the barn area.
- Tour Bus Parking available by request.
Ranch Visitors with Special Needs
Epic Alpacas does not discriminate against visitors on the basis of a person’s disability and will work to provide reasonable accommodations to visitors who need such accommodations to ensure equal access to our tours, programs, services, events, and activities. We want to make sure that all of our visitors have a meaningful and safe experience and are comfortable during a visit to our ranch. Therefore, we encourage individuals with disabilities who may have special accommodation requests to make a prior arrangement. To set up arrangements or for more information about accommodations we can make, please contact us at email@example.com or 209-336-3131.
Visitors with Service Animals
For their safety and the safety of our animals, companion animals are not allowed on the ranch property at any time. Please do not leave companion animals inside your vehicle while you are visiting, as temperatures inside of a vehicle can reach life-threatening conditions very quickly, even with windows open. If a companion animal is found unattended on shelter grounds or in parking areas, Epic Alpacas staff may call the police to investigate. Thank you for your cooperation.
Epic Alpacas offers private tours for groups of 15 – 30 people.
School Groups: Admission charges will be waived for school children that are visiting the ranch as part of a group tour. Adult chaperones are $7.50 per person and are required in the following ratios according to the childrens’ age:
Age 3-5: 1 chaperone per 2 children
Age 6-9: 1 chaperone per 3 children
Age 10-14: 1 chaperone per 4 children
Age 15-18: 1 chaperone per 5 children
Other Groups: Non-school groups pay an admission fee of $7.50 per person. The minimum admission for group tours is $100 to cover our staff time and resources.
Group Tours must be scheduled in advance and all minors will need to have a liability release signed by their parent or guardian before the tour. If you would like to arrange a group tour or want additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 209-336-3131.
Please note: Our front entrance can accommodate buses and we have ample parking for 12 cars.
Tour reservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance of the scheduled tour time for a full refund (minus any applicable credit card fees).
No refunds will be given on “no shows” or cancellations made within 24 hours of the scheduled tour time.
Rescheduling of a reservation may be possible if the tour schedule permits. Please call Epic Alpacas at (209) 336-3131 for rescheduling inquiries. Rescheduling will be at the discretion of Epic Alpacas.